Kaltura Announces $50 Million Investment from Goldman Sachs
Global leader in OTT TV, Enterprise, and Education video markets will use investment to further fuel its rapid growth
Monday, August 8, 2016
New York, NY
Kaltura, the leading video technology provider, announced today that it has secured a $50 million pre-IPO funding from Goldman Sachs’ Private Capital Investing group. Kaltura will use the additional capital to extend its footprint across all six continents, and to further its unique positioning as the ‘Everything Video’ company – providing leading video products for an unprecedented array of markets and use-cases. Holger Staude, Vice President in Goldman Sachs’ Private Capital Investing group, will be joining Kaltura’s board of directors.
“Video is booming. It is the favorite data type for communication, collaboration, teaching & learning, marketing, and entertainment. Kaltura is in a unique position to capitalize on this huge market opportunity since it provides the broadest set of video products and capabilities to customers across all industries” said Ron Yekutiel, Kaltura Chairman and CEO. “We are excited to be working with Goldman Sachs as we continue our journey to videofy companies and organizations all around the world”.
Kaltura offers both a wide array of out-of-the-box video products for various industries, as well as a flexible and modular API-based video platform for developers, partners, and customers that are looking to create their own custom video products.
Kaltura’s solutions include:
- OTT TV and Video Monetization Solutions for media companies, operators, service providers and content owners. Leading companies such as Viacom, Vodafone, HBO, ABC, Turner, Warner Brothers, and Paramount use Kaltura’s video solutions to enhance their video monetization, manage their online video services, and engage their audience on every device.
- Enterprise Video Solutions for any organization. Leading corporations such as MetLife, Bank of America, Intel, SAP, Oracle, Century 21, Danone, Discount Tire, AstraZeneca, Groupon, Nestle, Philips and Target leverage Kaltura’s market-leading video portal for internal communication, collaboration, and training, webcasting for executive communication, and video marketing suite for customer communication and sales, and more.
- Education Video Solutions for educational institutions and ed-tech companies. Leading educational institutions such as Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Durham, Warwick, Princeton, Cornell, Columbia, California State University and NYU, as well as many K-12 schools and districts use Kaltura’s video platform for teaching and learning, alumni relations, admissions, marketing, sports events and more.
- Kaltura VPaaS (Video-Platform-as-a-Service) is the company’s self-serve specialized cloud video service, enabling organizations to build and rapidly deploy any video application, workflow and experience.
- Partner and Channel Network - Kaltura teams up with a wide range of reseller and channel partners, including cloud players and global integrators, to add a layer of video onto their existing IaaS layer and benefit from growing cloud storage, bandwidth and compute consumption.
“Kaltura has developed market-leading technology with a flexible architecture that stands out to us as a strong and sustainable advantage,” said Hillel Moerman, Co-Head of Goldman Sachs’ Private Capital Investing group. “Kaltura has an impressive roster of marquee customers across a large and diversified set of markets and an experienced management team that has demonstrated excellence, agility, and leadership.”
The funding comes on the heels of yet another strong year, which further cemented Kaltura as a market leader, as reaffirmed by industry analysts including Gartner, Forrester Research, Wainhouse Research and others. In the press, Kaltura was recently named ‘One of 2016’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Video’ by FastCompany, and One of ‘15 New York Tech Companies To Watch In 2016’ by Forbes.
Kaltura’s mission is to power any video experience. A recognized leader in the OTT TV (Over the Top TV), OVP (Online Video Platform), EdVP (Education Video Platform) and EVP (Enterprise Video Platform) markets, Kaltura has emerged as the fastest growing video platform, and as the one with the widest use-case and appeal. Kaltura is deployed globally in thousands of enterprises, media companies, service providers and educational institutions and engages hundreds of millions of viewers at home, in work, and at school. The company is committed to its core values of openness, flexibility, and collaboration, and is the initiator and backer of the world's leading open-source video-management project, which is home to more than 100,000 community members. For more information visit www.kaltura.com, www.kaltura.org, or www.html5video.org.
About Goldman Sachs Private Capital Investing
Private Capital Investing ("PCI") is Goldman Sachs' investment platform dedicated to providing junior capital to growth and middle market companies throughout North America. PCI invests $20 million – $150 million per transaction in the form of common, preferred, and structured equity. Contact: [email protected]