Top 10 Features of Kaltura Video Building Block for Blackboard Learn
Top 10 Features of the Kaltura Video Building Block for Blackboard Learn
Blackboard and Kaltura have partnered to make it easier for faculty and staff to incorporate video into the classroom and beyond. The Kaltura Video Building Block for Blackboard Learn enables users to create interactive video to capture the viewer’s attention, increasing engagement and reducing drop-off. Check out the top 10 features of the integration to learn how you can improve instructor efficiency and effectiveness while enlivening content for students.
1. Gain access to your personal media repository from the Blackboard Learn homepage.
2. Quickly find videos using Kaltura’s advanced, metadata-based search; Automated Speech Recognition also enables you to search through every spoken word.
3. Create and edit media content using Kaltura’s built-in tools such as the desktop recorder, and lecture capture.
4. Increase the effectiveness of education and training by including questions and solutions in the video experience with Kaltura’s Interactive Video Quizzing.
5. Ensure video content is accessible to all by ordering closed caption and transcript services through Kaltura REACH.
6. Publish videos directly to a Blackboard Learn course or share with other faculty members across campus to use in their own courses.
Videos can be added to assignments, discussions, tests and quizzes, and announcements – anywhere a rich text editor is available.
7. Enable students to browse all video content associated with the Blackboard Learn course through the Course Gallery.
8. Track student engagement on each video, ensuring that the content is being consumed and understood.
9. Grade video assignments right within the course, which are then automatically synced to the Blackboard Grade Center.
10. Save storage space in Blackboard Learn with Kaltura’s tier 1 hosting and Content Distribution Network.
Kaltura's mission is to power any video experience. Our wide array of video solutions are deployed globally across thousands of enterprises, media companies, service providers, and educational institutions, leveraging video to teach, learn, communicate, collaborate, and entertain.