- Kaltura Management Console
- Kaltura MediaGo
- Kaltura MediaSpace
- Multi-Account Management Console
- Kaltura Native Mobile App
- Video Building Block for Blackboard
- Desire2Learn Video Extension
- Moodle Video Extension
- Canvas Video App
- Sakai Video Tool
- SharePoint Video Extension
- IBM Connections Video Extension
- Jive Video Plugin
- Drupal Video Module
- WordPress Video Plugin
Kaltura MediaSpace™ is a market leading social video and rich media portal that enables you to create your own Campus or Corporate YouTube™.
What is MediaSpace?
Users can create, upload, share, search, browse, and watch live and on demand videos, video presentations, screencasts, and other rich media content. MediaSpace provides superb cross device user experience, unmatched user engagement capabilities, and powerful control and governance tools.
MediaSpace enables community, collaboration and social activities by leveraging the power of online video. In the past, single administrators or small teams within the organization would publish to a large audience; MediaSpace revolutionizes this process by enabling democratization of media creation with many contributors, moderators and viewers in a multitude of channels. To see it in action visit our demo site.
What are some typical use cases?
Create a Campus or a Corporate YouTube™. Easily publish high-quality video content with minimal setup, or empower a user community to upload and manage media independently.
- Enterprises use MediaSpace as an internal video portal - a Corporate Tube - for employee training, collaboration, executive messaging, or a public facing video product catalog.
- Media Companies use MediaSpace as a video portal for browsing ad-supported video catalogs, or creating a PPV experience, for launching movies/shows, as a video gallery on a portion of their site or as a tool to support citizen journalism.
- Educational Institutions use MediaSpace as a “Campus Tube" for publishing teaching and library materials, student uploads, community, athletic club and alumni related content.
Features & Benefits
- Powerful Content Organization - centrally curated categories, sub-categories and channels for intuitive content segregation and discovery
- Optimized User Experience - uses responsive design for optimal experience across devices and screens
- Robust Video Search and Discovery - within the video title, description and subtitles. Skip directly to the location of the search phrase.
- Beyond Video - supports audio, images and video
- Optimal Playback Experience - with our adaptive bitrate technology
- Cross-device Mobile Capabilities - browse, search, capture, play, and share videos on the go, with HTML5 support and a native mobile application.
- Accessibility and Closed Captions - supports playback with ADA/508 compliant video players. Add multi-lingual captions to reach hearing-impaired or multi-lingual audiences, and enable in-video caption search.
- Reach International Audiences in Local Languages - easily localize and internationalize your site.
- Branding and Skinning - control and modify the look & feel of your video portal and brand it using 14 pre-defined skins or a custom CSS of your own
- Powerful UGC Tools for Content Contribution – end users can contribute content by uploading rich media from their desktop, recording via a webcam, recording their computer screen, or capturing video on mobile devices.
- Integrated live webcasting, with InterCall – stream interactive live video events and publish the recordings on your video portal for on-demand viewing, along with the original Q&A, polls, and slides.
- Screencasting – easily record your computer screen (along with audio and webcam) to create and publish presentations, training/lecture sessions, software tutorials, and online meetings.
- Video Presentation Widget – synchronize video and presentation slides (or documents), and present them side-by-side in one widget
- Consumer-like Social Tools - enable users to comment, rate, like, and share videos internally or publish on social sites e.g. Facebook - if authorized- where users can play the video directly from the social network’s page.
- Increase Views - maximize video consumption by presenting related content, video recommendations, featured videos, most-viewed videos, recent videos, and video playlists.
- Email notifications and channel subscriptions - keep users informed and engaged by allowing them to subscribe to channels and receive email notifications.
- Optimal SEO – take advantage of an SEO enabled video solution, including unique video URLs, search engine accessible metadata, submission of site-maps and automatically created video feeds for leading search engines
- Advertising & Monetization - built-in support for ads (in-video, companion, banner) and Paywall integration.
User Management & Control
- Fine-grain Access and Permission Control - each category, sub-category and channel can have different privacy settings and types of users. Each user role has a different set of entitlements, allowing for granular delegation of ownership and permissions.
- Multiple Authorization Options – manage users through our system, or integrate with external authorization systems (LDAP, Shibboleth, CAS) as well as custom identity providers for single sign-on (SSO). You can also choose a hybrid approach where authentication is managed by your organization and authorization is handled by Kaltura.
- Content Moderation and Approval Workflows – administrators and category/channel managers can approve or reject content before it is published.
How does it work?
Kaltura MediaSpace is managed via the MediaSpace administrative console where admin users can configure various settings, add/enable/disable customized modules, change the look and feel of the portal, manage users, and much more. While MediaSpace is a powerful and configurable front-end application, all rich media content within the organization is managed centrally from within the Kaltura Management Console (KMC), which offers metadata management, category creation, scheduling, access control, player building, analytics, and much more. This feature-rich interface allows non-technical administrators to centrally manage all rich media content within a centralized repository.
Hosting and Deployment Options
We offer a broad range of deployment options for our platform and applications. The MediaSpace web-portal application can be deployed in various ways -
1. Fully hosted on the Kaltura cloud (MediaSpace SaaS),providing a speedy deployment, automatic upgrades and ease of maintenance.
2. Installed on your own web-servers (self-hosted MediaSpace) with full control over your hosting infrastructure.
3. A hybrid of the two, depending on your unique business requirements.
The Kaltura-hosted solution requires no CDN relationship or video streaming although it can integrate with any delivery infrastructure customers have in place.