- Upload and Ingestion
- Transcoding and Processing
- Video Management
- Video Player
- Mobile & HTML5 Video
- Content Distribution
- Video Marketing and Sharing
- Video Streaming and Delivery
- Video Publishing
- Video Editing Tools
- Media Preparation
- Asynchronous OTT Viewing
- OTT Discovery and Search
- OTT Household and Device Management
- OTT Interactivity and Engagement
- OTT Second Screen Experience
- Personalized OTT User Experience
- Server-side Ad Insertion
- Video Analytics
- Video Monetization
- Video Hosting
- Live Streaming
- Kaltura eCDN
- Web Conferencing
- Personal and Lecture Capture
- Video Discovery and Search
- Video Accessibility
- Video Interactivity and Engagement
- Interactive Video Quizzing
OTT Discovery and Search
Kaltura’s OTT tools make your video library more searchable and discoverable. Making your content more easily discovered increases engagement, reducing churn. Drive traffic and transform TV into a social experience with personalized recommendations and relevant content.
Viewers can always find what they’re looking for with Kaltura’s friendly search, whether by looking for key words in the video title or through advanced metadata tags. The results can be filtered or sorted by multiple criteria (rating, video type, A-Z, price, etc.) Viewers can even define specific media types, such as adult content, that will not appear in search results. It even includes auto-complete.
The cross-catalogue search includes live, VOD, and cloud DVR; it can also search across third parties, such as Netflix, if these are included as part of the OTT service.
Kaltura’s sophisticated OTT recommendation engine can suggest new content to viewers based on a number of different factors, including:
- Metadata, including genre, actor, and director
- Other content viewed by users who watched a particular piece of content
- Trending content, such as the most popular movies in the last week
- Editorial recommendations, where content users choose which content to suggest
- Social recommendations, based on what the user’s Facebook friends are watching
Issue mobile push notifications, either by letting uses subscribe for specific topics or by sending messages proactively. Users can choose whether or not to receive notifications, which can include following specific TV shows as well as system announcements.
Kaltura can also integrate with other recommendation engines and enhance its recommendations.
Interactive Personalized EPG
For media applications, the electronic program guide is personalized for each user, and offers an abundance of opportunities for interaction. Viewers can filter by genres and personal favorites, bookmark channels, search, catch up on past shows, and get additional show information.
Subtitles and Cross-Language Search
Add searchable subtitles from professional translators across 200+ languages.