Desire2Learn Video Extension
What is the Desire2Learn Video Extension?
An integration of Kaltura’s video tools into the Desire2Learn learning management system. Our out-of-the-box extension enables you to upload, publish and share video directly from your Desire2Learn environment. This translates into time and money saved for your organization, and ease of use for students and faculty.
Why use it?
Streamline video management - rather than relying on central media and LMS teams, allow students and faculty to upload and manage media independently.
Extend your LMS with video capabilities - enable students and faculty to experience video as they would documents and other course objects.
Ensure top quality media delivery and protect LMS performance - with Kaltura's tier 1 hosting, and CDN, give students a high quality viewing experience and prevent your LMS from stalling under the weight of video files.
Features and Benefits
- Best-of-breed technology - leverage Kaltura’s market-leading video platform, in use by America’s leading schools, integrated into your Desire2Learn LMS.
- Student and Faculty Engagement - enable groups to interact with one another, through rich-media upload, recording from webcam, video commenting and review, and collaboration with others in creating, editing, and annotating content
- User friendly media management within Desire2Learn – allow users to search, browse, manage, share and play media, based on user permissions.
- Easy video upload – incorporate video into courses and enjoy smooth “jitterless” playback
- Optimal Playback Experience – with our adaptive bitrate technology.
- View on any device – mobile (including iPhone and iPad), web, and set-top boxes.
- Configurable player branding and features
- 508 Compliance - comply with 508 accessibility guidelines with Kaltura’s accessible player and captions