- Kaltura Management Console
- Kaltura OTT TV
- Kaltura MediaSpace
- Multi-Account Management Console
- Kaltura Native Mobile App
- Kaltura CaptureSpace
- Video Building Block for Blackboard
- Desire2Learn Video Extension
- Moodle Video Extension
- Canvas Video App
- Sakai Video Tool
- SharePoint Video Extension
- IBM Connections Video Extension
- Jive Video Plugin
- Eloqua Video Extension
- Drupal Video Module
- WordPress Video Plugin
Canvas Video App
What is the Kaltura Video App for Canvas?
An integration of Kaltura’s video tools into the Instructure Canvas learning management system. You can now take teaching and learning to a whole new level with interactive video tools incorporated right into your Canvas environment. Our app enables you to view, upload, publish and share videos directly from within your LMS. This translates into time and money saved for your institution, and a more engaging, interactive learning experience for students and faculty.
Why use it?
Extend your LMS with video capabilities - Enable students and faculty to experience video as they would documents and other course objects. Easily upload videos, images, audio files and documents, create video clips, screen casts, and video assignments. Content is secured and all existing Canvas permissioning is applied to media files.
Improve engagement, creativity, sense of community, and learning results - Enable students and faculty to record, upload, publish and share video directly from Canvas
Ensure top quality media delivery and protect LMS performance - With Kaltura's tier 1 hosting, and CDN, give students a high quality viewing experience and prevent your LMS from stalling under the weight of video files.
Save time and money - Streamline video management - students and faculty are no longer dependent on a central media team to upload and manage videos in the LMS.
Features and Benefits
Best-of-breed technology - leverage Kaltura’s market-leading video platform, in use by America’s leading schools, integrated into your Canvas LMS.
User friendly media management within Canvas – allow users to search, browse, manage, share and play media, based on user permissions.
- Upload any type of media (video, audio, image) using a simple interface. Upload once – use anywhere, every time.
- Bulk upload - Administrators can upload media files in bulk and publish media in any course.
- Create screencasts and webcam videos – record welcome messages, introductions, assignment instructions, simple demonstrations, lectures, presentations, from your webcam right into the LMS.
- My Media – Upload, manage, assign, and share content (based on permissions) with a private media library for each Canvas user.
- Media Gallery – Search or view rich media assigned to a course if you’re a course member. Media can be added by instructors or students, with student contributions moderated.
- Rich text editor integration - Intuitively use rich media without time-consuming training, simply click on the “Embed Kaltura Media” editor button. Uploading and recording of new media is also available from within the rich text editor.
- Enhanced Video Analytics - Instructors can easily access course-specific video analytic reports directly from the LMS. Learn which videos are most viewed, which users are most engaged and which users contributed the most content to your Media Gallery.
- Media Administration - View which entries belong to which courses, assign entries to courses, or perform bulk uploads using the Kaltura Management Console (KMC).
Optimal Viewing Experience
- The Kaltura Player provides the optimal payback experience with our adaptive bitrate technology
- View on any device – enjoy an optimal playback experience on all mobile devices – including iPhones, iPads, Android, and Blackberry devices – with automatic device detection and Flash-HTML5 fallback.
- Design your own players with our configurable player branding and features
- Responsive Design - Automatically adjusts site layout to the screen size and device
- Accessibility – player is ADA/508 compliant by default
- Captions - Upload multi-lingual captions to reach international, multi-lingual, and hearing-impaired audiences while also enabling in-video search within the captions.
- Comments - Boost online conversations and user engagement by allowing users to comment on videos.
- Search - Quickly find videos based on metadata (name, description, tags, categories)
- In-video Search – Upload captions and then search for every spoken word. Search results allow skipping directly to the relevant part in the video. In-video search is available within an entry or across videos in the course gallery/my media gallery
- Engagement reports for instructors – Gain insight in to media usage in your course. Get answers to questions like: are students really watching the videos? Which videos are they watching most? Which students watch the videos? Are students watching the entire length of the videos? Which students contribute media to the course and do other students engage with that media?
- Summary reports - Total number of videos played, Total number of views, breakdown of % played through, storage, bandwidth, and more
- Custom reports are available through professional services to track specific metrics you are interested in
Advanced user access control and rights management - use any of the existing Canvas permissioning options. Control access per video file, geographic location, domain, and the IP address range from which the video can be viewed. You may also limit viewing to specific devices, only from within a Kaltura Session and using secure channels with standards such as Progressive download over HTTPS, RTMPE / RTMPTE, Akamai HD Network (chunked/throttled HTTPS), SWF Verification and IP-linked token authentication.
Robustness and Stability - Your LMS will no longer crash under the weight of media files. Kaltura’s state-of-the-art hosting facility has full redundancy, 99.9% uptime SLA, and built-in scalability. On the delivery side, Kaltura’s content delivery and streaming is based on Akamai’s tier-1 CDN services.